MASTER FOUNDATION COURSE
Duration: 6 Days | Modules: 6 | Amount: $1425 - $1540
This is our most popular Nail Foundation Training Course that covers both the theory of practical aspects of the two most popular nail systems; namely Acrylic and Gel / Hard Gel.
This all-round course is the perfect course for those who are serious about a long term, full time or part time career in nails. It is also one of the very best value for money courses in the nail industry. Our Foundation course prices includes the nail kit/s, theory material, assessments and technical support along with your one-on-one professional training.
Pay per module: Pay as-you-go per module
Pay Full Course: Pay for the full course and save $150
Cash: Cash payment or bank deposit
Debit Card: Pay online using your debit card
PartPay - An interest free payment plan with four equal fortnightly payments
* Payment is required prior to commencement of each module.
* All students must complete all the modules within 6 months of commencement of the course (excludes portfolio)
Welcome to Day one of your training.
9.30am - Welcome
The course content will be outlined to you including all the requirements regarding training, home practice, your practical exams and final assessments. You will be issued with both of your training kits along with a printed booklet of the material required in module 1.
10am - 12pm: Theory Training
Part 1a - Nail Theory
1.1 Introduction to Nail Technology
1.2 Anatomy of the Skin
1.3 Nail Anatomy
1.4 Nail Diseases and Disorders
1.5 Mould, Bacteria & Fungus
Part 1b - Salon Safety & Procedures
2.1 Hygiene - Best practice
2.2 Sanitation, Disinfection & Sterilization.
2.3 Client Consultations
2.4 UV vs LED Light
2.5 Chemical Hazards
2.6 Safety in the Salon
Part 1c - Product Knowledge
3.1 Banned and unsafe chemicals
3.2 Use of equipment and tools
3.3 Equipment sterilization
LUNCH: 12.00pm - 1.00pm
Gel Polish Practical: 1.00pm - 3.00pm
Part 2: Basic Manicure/Pedicure Techniques (model required with nail polish on)
From what you have learned in the morning, we will now put that into practice. We will start off by learning all the different Lola Lee products used in a Gel polish manicure along with lamp timing, tools and accessories.
Next, let's dive right into things and do a Gel Polish manicure.
2.a With your model you will start by:
* Prep > Washing hands | Polish Removal | Conducting a Nail Plate Analysis
[This will determine which Lola Lee product you will use and which system.]
2.b Nail Preparation - Prepare your model by doing Filing, prep Cuticles and complete nails with Buffing.
2c. Gel Polish Application (Colour) - we will go through the process from start to finish on your model.
NB: You will issued with a training manual guidebook in which you can make your own notes. Parts of the manual will be used in your theory and practical assessments and exam.
This is a full-on day with 6 hours of training. You will need at least two models for the day.
Gel Manicure - cont... - 9.00am - 12.00pm
Let's recap what we did in module 1 with the Gel Application. Now that you've done a basic manicure, we are now going to do a Hard Gel Polish application. [Model 2 required]
- Hard Gel Polish application - start to finish
Next we will do a full set but with Tips [model 3 required with clean, natural nails]
- Prep | Apply Tips | Gel & Hard Gel ( 1 hand each)
- Lastly, before lunch, you will once again perform the removal process on any of your models
LUNCH: 12.00pm - 1.00pm
Gel Polish cont .. 1.00am - 4.00pm
You now have completed three full sets of Gel Polish application - lets spend about 15 minutes with any questions you may have on tips, manicure and hard gel application. [Please have your next model ready - model will have gel polish on from a previous application]
- With your model, you will learn the 6 steps of doing a Brush on Gel Fill / back-fill
- Lastly, on the model, we will perform a Pedicure. We will go through the 8 steps to a great Pedicure and will do a Gel Polish application.
Take notes, parts of this will be in your theory exam (Note: You can use the same model here that you did tips on).
Module 3: Acrylic Dip/Sculpting System
- Acrylic Systems – Brief Introduction
- Dipping System introduction
- Acrylic – Step by Step Application procedure
- Re-balancing (Infill / Fills)
- Tips/Extensions - application
- How to maintain dip manicures
- Acrylic removal process
Part 2: You will now
This is a non-stressful exam split into two parts:
- 1 hour written for Acrylic
- 1 hour online exam for Gel
Pass mark requirement for each is 80% or above.
The day is split in two parts and we start at 8.0am sharp so please arrive a bit earlier. You will required to have 4 models or more (friends, relatives, colleagues) available for the day.
- Part 1: Gel practical - 8.30 - 1.00pm
- Gel or Hard Gel application on natural Nails - 1 hour
- Pedicure application - 1 hour
- Hard Gel with Tip extensions - 1 hour
- Gel Polish Re-balance/Backfill (model must have 1 - 2 weeks growth. - 1 hour
- Gel removal on any of your models - 25 min
LUNCH: 1.00pm - 2.00pm
- Part 2: Acrylic practical - 2.00 - 5.30pm
- Acrylic Overlay on Natural Nails - 1 hour
- Acrylic Tip extensions - 1 hour
- Acrylic Powder Re-balance/Backfill (model must have 1 - 2 weeks growth. - 1 hour
- Acrylic removal on any of your models - 25 min
Awesome - you've done you're practical!!! A long and intense day yet definitely worth the effort. NB: If you can't combine both parts on this day then you may do them over two consecutive days.
In order to qualify for your Certification, all students must meet the set standards and requirements:
- Theory - Pass mark of 80% and above
- Practical - Successfully pass all the practical exams
- Portfolio: Within 12 weeks of completing module 6, you are required to present to the educator 11 complete sets done by yourself on a model comprising of:
* 5 + 1 Gel sets - with a min of two with extensions/tips and also one pedicure set (6 total)
* 5 Acrylic sets - min of two with extensions/tips